FCC Speed Test
Rating: 0.00 (Votes: 0)
The FCC Speed Test app is part of both the FCC’s Broadband Data Collection (BDC) and its Measuring Broadband America programs.The BDC tests run by users will help to improve the accuracy of the FCC’s broadband maps showing mobile coverage areas. The Measuring Broadband America program assists with improving the transparency, accuracy, and availability of data on the performance of broadband services in the United States.
* Run tests in Speed Test mode to check your connection or in Challenge mode to challenge wireless coverage and improve the FCC’s Broadband Map.
* Schedule periodic automatic background tests or conduct manual tests.
* Monitor data usage and set a monthly data usage cap to minimize the data limit excess on a monthly data plan.
* Store test results to compare them over time.
* Export a .zip file containing data collected during tests, as well as additional passive data supported by your device.
Before You Install
The new FCC Speed Test app replaces the legacy version. If you have installed a prior version of this app and wish to retain data obtained by these earlier versions, the data needs to be exported to your device or emailed to you. All previous test results will be permanently deleted upon installation of this new FCC Speed Test app version.
Your privacy is safeguarded, and you can opt-in to share information with certain parties. See the Privacy Notice or download the app for more information.
The app may share contact information with your provider to help the FCC build more accurate mobile broadband coverage maps, along with information on the conditions in which the test was run.
The Bigger Picture
By using the FCC Speed Test app, you will help improve the FCC’s maps of mobile coverage across America. The data from these tests contribute to the FCC’s Broadband Data Collection and the Measuring Broadband America programs. The programs are run by the FCC to fulfill its Congressional mandates to collect and make publicly available accurate and transparent performance metrics on U.S. broadband.
More information on the Broadband Data Collection: https://www.fcc.gov/BroadbandData.
More information on the Measuring Mobile Broadband Performance Program: https://www.fcc.gov/general/measuring-mobile-broadband-performance.
User ReviewsAdd Comment & Review
Based on 0 Votes and 0 User Reviews
No reviews added yet.
Other Apps in This Category